Monday, January 12, 2015

The Wife's Tower

I magically scored an Intel Core I3 CPU and MOBO to go with it.  It was in this awful old case and was FULL of dust.  I had a 30 dollar mATX case on the way in no time (that included a 420W PSU!)

2.9GHZ Core i3

Size comparison of the mATX next to the MkIV (Full ATX) 
 Scored an awesome wireless keyboard with track-pad refurbished from NewEgg
The massive intake fan helps the stock Intel Cooler out a bit.  (Though the stock cooler totally sucks and I will be upgrading it eventually)
You can charge your phone off the front USBs even when the PC is turned off, I think that's pretty nifty!  It's also wirelessly connected to my network.
I also landed a fabulous deal on a Zotac GeForce 630 video card and I can play Black Mesa on Steam at maximum quality!
The wife still prefers to use her handy-dandy laptop, but this little tower is a beast of a backup.

No comments:

Post a Comment