Sunday, February 19, 2017

Ammo Can PC update


Well, I got a PSU that I think is going to work.  It's some sort of replacement/upgrade unit for an off-the-shelf mini tower.  It is rated at 435W and will supply plenty of power for this build.  The only trouble is that the CPU cooler is too tall for where I've decided is the only place the PSU can mount.  I now need to find a decent Low-Profile CPU cooler.  Once I have that I will be able to get proper dimensions and I can get started.  I have some sheet metal and a few lengths of 1/2" wide flat bar just waiting to be built into a chassis.  I need to have enough space for storing a mini keyboard, mouse, power cord, video cable, and WiFi antenna: hence the need for a low-profile CPU cooler.  Otherwise it would defeat the purpose of the build's portability.

No comments:

Post a Comment